Vacation with my filipina girlfriend in April 2019 (Immigration query)

Hi There,

I am looking for some help in making sure my Filipina girlfriend has all the necessary documents ready for her trip to Bali to join me for our first vacation together, I am British and will be already in Bali when she arrives.

She is a studying nursing at university at the moment so doesn't have a job or a bank account,  I have paid for her flights om my debit card and I have paid for our villa accommodation etc.

She has just got her first passport a few weeks ago, my british friend  (her Father) married her mother 3 years ago and has paid for the passport and has the receipts if thats a help?

She will have money with her when she passes through immigration and she will have print outs of her return ticket, accommodation confirmation etc.

Do i have to write an invitation letter for her to join me or something? .. I just want to make sure she has absolutely everything before she arrives at the airport.

Any help you can provide us would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Jack

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Bali is in Indonesia (I guess you know that already), but you've asked your question in our England forum; you'll probably get a better answer in our Indonesian/Bali Forum, this link will take you straight there.

I'll request that your post gets moved there.

Hope this helps and that you have a great time in Bali, we did.

Cynic
Expat Team

Sometimes immigration will ask her visa like indeks b211

If immigration do not ask,then okay.

If you need visa for your girlfriend pm me.

xheers,
rick

My friend is married to a girl from the Philippines and they had quite a lot of trouble to be honest
The hard part was her leaving the Philippines, they have been together for a few years at the time but she had always joined him whilst he was working or traveling but they wrongly presumed she was leaving the country to work illegally
Took around 4/6 weeks to sort, if she's leaving from a different country she should be ok

ASEAN citizens should have little problem as long as they have a passport with minimum six months validity and proof they have a place to stay (Hotel booking slip should be fine). The printed return ticket should ease any possible difficulties but, just on the off chance of a problem caused by immigration wanting proof she has enough money to live on without working, email a copy of your passport and bank statement for her to print out.
I'm assured that's unlikely to be a problem but it won't hurt to be prepared.

bwfc122 wrote:

Hi There,

I am looking for some help in making sure my Filipina girlfriend has all the necessary documents ready for her trip to Bali to join me for our first vacation together, I am British and will be already in Bali when she arrives.

She is a studying nursing at university at the moment so doesn't have a job or a bank account,  I have paid for her flights om my debit card and I have paid for our villa accommodation etc.

She has just got her first passport a few weeks ago, my british friend  (her Father) married her mother 3 years ago and has paid for the passport and has the receipts if thats a help?

She will have money with her when she passes through immigration and she will have print outs of her return ticket, accommodation confirmation etc.

Do i have to write an invitation letter for her to join me or something? .. I just want to make sure she has absolutely everything before she arrives at the airport.

Kind Regards,

Jack

How many days does she expect to spend for in her vacation in Indonesia?

Thanks for your reply to my query, She will Arrive on the 28th April and arrive back in the Philippines on the 8th of May so 10 nights.

Jack

ricardo001 wrote:

If immigration do not ask,then okay.

If you need visa for your girlfriend pm me.

xheers,
rick

Hi Rick,

I dont think Filipinos need visa's to visit Indonesia? Correct me if i am wrong.

Kind Regards,

Jack

post wrote:
bwfc122 wrote:

Hi There,

Kind Regards,

Jack

How many days does she expect to spend for in her vacation in Indonesia?

Thanks for your reply to my query, She will Arrive on the 28th April and arrive back in the Philippines on the 8th of May so 10 nights.

Jack

bwfc122 wrote:

Jack

Well within VOA regulations.

ricardo001 wrote:

I'm no immigration guru so perhaps you could explain why a ASEAN citizen would need to apply for a visa, the nature of that visa, and in what circumstances a 60 day social visa would be asked for considering this is a 10 day holiday with hotels booked and a return ticket to show.

Hi All,

Please be inform,we had experienced a filipina (philippines passport holder) last month would like to fly out in manila got offloaded,we are talking based on our personal experiences had happened recently,but if you think there is no problem please proceed,consider advise maybe suitable if you think which is helpful.

xheers,
rick

Fred wrote:
bwfc122 wrote:

Jack

Well within VOA regulations.

Just a matter of interest: Do they usually check your ticket to make sure you are going to stay for more than 30 days before you are allowed to pay for the VOA at the airport?

The VOA is free now. Immigration can ask you for the return ticket but the lady has one so that's no issue

Fred wrote:

The VOA is free now. Immigration can ask you for the return ticket but the lady has one so that's no issue

I thought it cost USD35 if you ask for one.

If she enters Indonesia she may have a few questions to answer at worst due to many from the Philippines amongst others overstaying, the main issue for some unaccompanied women travelling from the Philippines is being refused to leave by immigration ie from Manila to XYZ destination
It's not uncommon and is a small percentage it happens with regardless if valid and genuine travel documents, return tickets etc
Make sure you are at hand to meet her if any issues at the Indonesian side (unlikely to be issues) but even if you are waiting for her it's immigrations discretion to find you or just send her back without informing you (this is the worse case and highly unlikely)
If for example she has a used visa in her passport ie UK, USA, Australia etc it's all but impossible for her to be refused to leave the Philippines as she's been checked and authorised by the Philippines in the past to leave (future planing)
Thailand (easier for visa approval for some countries) stamps and South Korea stamps are looked upon very negatively by the Philippines along with China/ japan and frequently to Singapore due to certain entertainment industry that some women take part in (not suggesting in anyway this lady has)
Good luck

Fred wrote:

Thanks for your reply Fred, please can you explain what a VOA is?

Kind Regards,

Jack