Getting my newspaper/magazine

Recently I subscribed to the new magazine type The Guardian Weekly.

Folks, it's unbelievable what happened next.
The magazine itself arrives regularly TWO weeks late. According to the wrappings around it, after being printed in Germany it gets sent to Budapest and then to Malmö before eventually arriving at my address.
What a farce! A number of emails to the UK head office gets me form letters and no improvement in service plus an unwillingness/inability to provide me with information.

Has anybody else had this problem?
I am reading HISTORY when  I should be reading more or less up to date stuff.
DOH!
Chris

Overseas versions of print newspapers/magazines are usually printed in the cheapest part of the world; then transported by the cheapest method available - hence the delay.  I subscribe to the online version of the paper I read, then I can get it wherever I am when I want it.

Hi Cynic
Yes I am aware of this option.
I have been told that the Guardian Weekly is printed in Germany, hardly the cheapest option I would think?
Somebody, somewhere, is geographically challenged here!

Still makes no sense why they would ship it all over before sending to Austria which is literally next door. Very odd indeed and seems utterly nonsensical.

Sorry wish I had answers for you!

xpatinoBeraus682 wrote:

Hi Cynic
Yes I am aware of this option.
I have been told that the Guardian Weekly is printed in Germany, hardly the cheapest option I would think?
Somebody, somewhere, is geographically challenged here!

The Guardian website tells me it's printed in England, Canada, Australia and South Africa.