Moving to Eindhoven in March

Hi All,

We currently live in the US and I have secured a job in Eindhoven at 70k euro/year starting in mid-April.

I am an E.U. citizen, however my wife and 2 children are not. I have done some research on the IND website in regards to registration once we land and it seems fairly straightforward.

We are looking at rentals in the Eindhoven area and are finding good houses in the 2000 to 2500 euro/month range. We also have substantial savings  we can use as the need arises.

Our plan for our 13 year old is to attend international school+language tutor for a year so she can learn the culture and language. Our plan for our 5 year old is to enroll in elementary school/kindergarten as research I've done so far indicates elementary/kindergarten are dual language.

We do not live beyond our means and feel that the salary being proposed should afford is a home in the above stated range. Would like your opinion if that is a correct assumption.

We plan on staying in an air bnb for around two weeks until we can find a rental.

Thanks for any feedback you may have.

Ivan

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

You appear to have done your research and I agree with your summary - I wish you the best of luck for your future.

Cynic
Expat Team