New members of the Peru forum, introduce yourselves here - 2019

Hi all,

Newbie on the Peru forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Peru if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello, my name is Colleen and I am moving to Lima as a practicing Chiropractor end of this May, San Miguel area. Working on my Spanish, looking forward to caring for both Expats and locals!! I absolutely love picante sauce, hoping to start a little hot sauce club. Members meet out for tapas, each bringing new picante sauces for the group to try. Was a fun way to get to know people when I relocated to Prescott Valley, Arizona 4 years ago.

ccdc10 wrote:

I absolutely love picante sauce...

You're in luck, so do most Peruvians!

You are in for a treat not just for hot sauces (generically called ají , pronounced ah-HEE ) but for the Peruvian cuisine in general which in the opinion of many is the best in Latin America overall.

Do a search for
peru aji

...to get some useful links about what to expect.  As an ardent lover of hot sauces myself, I envy you!

This is a good article about the 6 most important peppers in Peru:

https://www.howtoperu.com/aji-chili-pep … n-cuisine/

Thanks, OsageArcher, I will add the article into my salsa picante file. Planning on trying all of the new fruits Peru has too offer for fruit-pepper pairings. I have a basic recipe with carrots and onions cooked down, adding fruits and peppers. Will get myself settled and speaking Spanish, then work on creating a little hot sauce club. Message your info if you are interested.
Colleen

Hello All,
From UK, newly retired and intending to spend more time in Peru now.
Reseanably familiar with the country after many holidays since 1985 and am married to a Peruvian. But there is always plenty I havent seen or done or had time for - and I will probably never be bi-lingual (I know lots of words but my grammar is rubbish ).
Now that I've got time to watch it, the Dakar rally moves to another continent !!*!

Hello well yours is better that you are in Peru what about me that don't not have friends in Peru but always plan to reside in Peru

Hello pals

Am new searching for friends here in Peru I want to relocate to Peru can someone help me

Just need friends

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=880509

Thanks!

Closed