Evisa

Hi. I had the 7 days evisit visa for bahrain which is valud until feb 21. However I got a job offer and they are on the process of my working visa yet they cannot pursue since my visit visa is still valid. We have already contacted the immigration to cancel my evisit visa as soon as possible. Is the process of cancellation quick? Thanks!

The reason they can't apply is because it is only a 7 day visa.  The visa needs to have validity of 7 days from the time of application of conversion to work visa.   If the validity isn't there then the visa needs to be extended but I don't think a 7 day evisa can be extended.

Cancellation should take a day max BUT if it is a sponsored e-visa. They cannot cancel an un-sponsored one.

Hi. Thanks for the response. Yes the hotel who sponsored and arrange my 7 days visa already send an email to cancel the evisa.. is it possible that they can cancel it immediately since the one who requested for the visa send them a note already?

So if this will be cancelled, the company who will process my working visa can proceed directly?

They can process work visa if the evisa is cancelled however cancellation means that you are overstaying.  Visit visas don't have a grace period like work visas do.  The moment they expire or get cancelled, overstay starts.  So after cancellation, they will have to get to work with immigration for them to be able to apply.  I would have tried to extend the visit visa and then gotten it converted.

Who is guiding you on the process?  I hope you are not cancelling by making your own decision?

I am actually not in bahrain now. I am in jordan. I was supposed to visit bahrain only for 7 days before i got the job offer. so now i wanted to cancel the evisa so the company can proceed with my working visa . Now i just wanted to make sure that the sponsor evisa by the hotel is easy to cancel after they send the email

Ok now it makes sense. Yes if they cancel then new visa can be applied. I already told you that it takes max of a day but I am not sure what the hotel process is. It could take a few days.

Thank you so much for the ideas and response !! ☺️ Hopefully they can cancel my visit visa asap.

Hi xtang! So i have received a reply from the evisa team mentioning that my request for cancelling the 7 days visa is under process. How long do you think it needs to cancel successfully?

Already told you.  In my experience, between 1 day to 3 days.