Moving to Da Nang for better lifestyle

Pretty much spent the last 11 months imprisoned in Ho Chi Minh City. We had our son here 3 months ago and are moving to Da Nang next week as the city has taken its toll on my health physically and mentally.

Hoping to add beach walks, mountain rides, some surfing or paddle boarding and fishing back into my life to get back to my former self.

Have lived in Hoi An before but with a newborn we thought Da Nang would be the best decision.

Also we will be looking for a house in a quieter area hopefully. Need some more space, 11 months in a 76 square meter apartment has been brutal.

Hopefully this works out. I've got an air bnb booked for 2 weeks to look around if anyone can offer suggestions on more peaceful areas walkable to the beach. Any suggestions welcome.

Work isn't an issue. I have an online business.

Thanks

TigerPlease wrote:

Pretty much spent the last 11 months imprisoned in Ho Chi Minh City. We had our son here 3 months ago and are moving to Da Nang next week as the city has taken its toll on my health physically and mentally.

Need some more space, 11 months in a 76 square meter apartment has been brutal.

It's the same here.

But I still have two more months to live here in HCMC.  :nothappy:

And unfortunately I don't have the possibility to move to a nice place at the sea (due to family reasons  :| ).

Andy Passenger wrote:

It's the same here.

And unfortunately I don't have the possibility to move to a nice place at the sea (due to family reasons  :| ).

I thought you had purchased land in Long An or somewhere similar.  You may not be near the beach but at least the air is OK.  If so you are luckier than most expats.

TigerPlease wrote:

Hoping to add beach walks, mountain rides, some surfing or paddle boarding and fishing back into my life to get back to my former self.

Have lived in Hoi An before but with a newborn we thought Da Nang would be the best decision.

Also we will be looking for a house in a quieter area hopefully. Need some more space, 11 months in a 76 square meter apartment has been brutal.

Hopefully this works out. I've got an air bnb booked for 2 weeks to look around if anyone can offer suggestions on more peaceful areas walkable to the beach. Any suggestions welcome.

Work isn't an issue. I have an online business.

Thanks

Welcome to Đà Nẵng!

I've sent you a private message.

Cheers!

THIGV wrote:
Andy Passenger wrote:

It's the same here.

I thought you had purchased land in Long An or somewhere similar.  You may not be near the beach but at least the air is OK.  If so you are luckier than most expats.

Yes, in Ben Luc (I'll be moving in 2 months).

The air is ok as soon as you leave the QL1A.  :)

At the moment I still have a lot of farmland around.  But that will change in the next few years.

But in the country side I miss the fresh seafood you can eat on the beach every day.  :)