Electricity Supply in Almeria

Hi I am new to the site.
I am purchasing a house near Almeria. The property is in a rural area.
We have an electricity supply into the property that we are looking to purchase of   1,500 kW. Could someone advise if this is a high, medium or low electricity supply. There is no air con in property, so will just be basic items within the property to use the electricity supply.

If someone could advise I would be grateful.

That is one and a half kilo watts.   A one bar electric fire uses 1 kw

Most electric kettles use at least 2  kw so they would blow the fuse.     

You have enough power in effect for lighting

Many thanks for the reply.
I think we will have to contact the electricity supplier to change, and see what kw we can go up to. As I have read there is a maximum in rural areas but not sure if this is correct

You may find that the supply cabes to the property are insufficient to have a more reasonable supply.   

I suggest, as with respect you appear to have little knowledge of electricity, that you take advice from a someone who does before venturing further. 

good luck
John

Hi John,

Good advice.  It is all new to me in Spain so looking into things before we purchase the property.

Once again many thanks

I would suggest you ask the seller for sight of recent electric bill (assuming the supply is from a 'mains' supplier like Endesa. The bill would show the potencia - the incoming power supply in KW.  As mentioned above 1.5KW is quite low.
A more average would likely be around 5 to 8 KW. The value of the potencia is used to calculate your electric bill so sometimes a low potencia on the bill helps keep the bill low. It is likely that the mains cable will be capable of any level of KW to a domestic consumer. It being very unlikely that the installed mains cables & meter would be restricted to 1.5 KW - that's about lighting cable size !
Hope this helps. But whatever you do check with the supplier/and electrician.
good luck. Mike