Finding a Job in Vietnam

I don't have the work permit for Vietnam. I am an Indian citizen with a keen interest in Vietnam and experienced to get a job with English skills of 8+ IELTS. 

I have just landed in Vietnam on a tourist visa can I apply for the work permit while in Vietnam if I land a job.

Any tips?

No you can't. It doesn't work that way.
If you're interested in finding employment, first you need to find an employer who is willing to hire you legally. Only your VN employer can apply for your Work Permit NOT you.
Once you find a genuine employment  your employer will guide you on what documents need to be prepared for WP application.

While I agree with senwl for the most part (and up-ticked him for it), whether the employer hires you legally or not would be, I believe, the employers concern. I have a work permit and a two year temporary residency card with the entirety of the paperwork, the bureaucratic negotiations, the red tape etc, handled by my employer. My certifying to them that all of the information which I had provided to them in my initial application for the position was my only obligation. Any falsification, or padding, of your qualifications would justly bring the law squarely against you. You are not, as far as I have determined, required to be knowledgeable in VN employment legislation.
Get your CV out there, accept an offer which you find to be reasonable, and let the employer do the leg work. If they want you as an employee, based on your absolutely truthful application, the employer will complete the work permit application process and make it happen.
Welcome to VN.

Best,

Aidan

And if they don't apply a WP on your behalf then the onus is on you. Seems to be the case at some places if your teaching part time. Yola is one of them.