Life on PEI

Hello everyone
I came to PEI few days ago as I ‘ve got a contract with a local company for 2 years .would anyone advice, what is  the life pace on the island ..how to integrate in a local community?How to find local friends? I am newbie in Canada ..but hope ,step in the island life easily ..I have a wife and son 7 years old .Believe it is easier to get in  a local activities as a family man;)

I think you'll find the people of Prince Edward Island to be welcoming. If you are of the Christian faith, a great place to meet people is at church. Charlottetown had a mosque when I left, not sure if it's still there. I'm not familiar with any synagogues, but there must be at least one, I would think. The pace of life is more relaxed than in cities and there are always community events: fund raisers for charities, local societies and individual families that need help, also parades, socials, and celebrations (Canada celebrations, New Years, Easter etc.). You might want to consider taking up curling, there are a lot of adult beginner leagues and it would be a great way to meet new people. (Hockey is another option, but more demanding and expensive.) In the country, you can just wander over and knock on a neighbour's door and introduce yourself. You'll also meet people through work, and your employer will most likely offer several social events during the year: picnics, a Christmas party, etc. There are also tons of volunteer opportunities that will open the door to new people. Be brave! Be prepared to answer the questions "You're from away aren't you?" and be open to new experiences.

Thanks ...helpfull answer .