How long is the residence permit process?

Hey there!

I am a student from Denmark and I want to move to Sweden which won't be a problem for me as an EU citizen. But my boyfriend is a non EU citizen so he can't easily move to Sweden with me...he can stay with me for 3 months there but how long will it take until he get the schengen visa for 3 months? And when he apply for an residence permit how long will that take aswell? If we haven't gotten any answers within the 3 months does he have to go back to his country and wait or can he stay until he get the answer?

Thank you so much in advance!! :D

Without knowing where he is from, or where he currently resides......it is difficult to answer. But usually he just has to go to another country for 24 hours every 3 months whilst awaiting a resident permit.
Sounds easy enough doesn't it!! Good luck.

Well to get a schengen visa might be so easy.
But to get a permit you need to provide everything as it says as in skatteverket website. And maximum to wait for the permit is 18month to 2 years. But i think i am the only one lucky compares with many peoples who has been apply for it. Which i took only 10 days in total for the decision and permit card sent to my adrress.