UK visa for my husband

Can someone give me advice please? I am English, my husband is Palestinian, we live in Dubai. He recently applied for a UK Tourist visa just for him to visit and was turned down for financial reasons. I am a teacher earning a good salary, we want to apply again + want advice on how to go about it. We're thinking it may be best for me to sponsor him + apply on my salary, do you know if his is possible? Has anyone done this and /or could advise me further please. Thanks.

Hello
I will assume you got legally married in Dubai
As a British citizen your husband is legally entitled to live in the UK
What I will advise is to forget about tourist visa and apply for British residency for him
Am talking from personal experience as a  cousin's wife was denied tourist visa several times until they applied for residency visa for her and they were told by the UK immigration "we knew that is what you guys actually wanted all along " and she given the residency
If you guys are legally married and living together this will eventually not be a problem
Though you may have to do some research about the process for expat living outside of the UK

Thank you for replying Ofolade. This has really shocked me. Yes, we got legally married in Dubai and live together but I thought that I would have to be living in the UK, working and earning a good salary for my husband to be given a residency visa? I'm confused.

Yes you are right not a ton of money but at least £18k which is achievable for most British expats in Dubai
To be honest it appears complicated a bit since you not living in the UK
You may have to consult an immigration lawyer for advice or be the sponsor has you planned
What always help is for your husband to have
Some travel history possibly visit some EU countries
Whatever the case make sure to keep it honest at all times let them come up with reasons don't gift them any