RNE and withdrawing money

I was wondering if I could solicit anyone's advice on a complicated situation –
I have previously been a resident in Brazil and have an ID and  CPF, as well as bank accounts which I have used to invest money after selling my house there. Having now matured I am hoping to move this money to the UK but having not been a resident for approx. 11 years I don't have my RNE.

I am travelling over at the end of September and will likely spend a lot of time at appointments with the Federal Police, but I don't know what to make an appointment under, as I don't need to apply for one nor have I lost or had it stolen, but I need it to withdraw my money. Could you advise me how to proceed?

Thank you in advance!

Hi

This is a unique situation indeed.  Ideally you will have to check with the bank in concern to find the right answer, overall I believe your passport should suffice in the end.  However as this is Brazil these type are situations are handled on case to case basis overall

Regards

Stanza

I would agree with Stan.  You're a long-standing customer of the bank.  Since the money has been actively invested in Brazil, you're presumably up to date with your filings with the Receita Federal.  These things should work in your favor.
At worst, you should be able to start making regular transfers to your account in your home country, until your balance in the Brazilian bank is nominal.

It was easy when HSBC was in Brasil. Now I would look to a bank in UK that may have branch near you. Some allow bank to bank transfer, but there limits. Banco do Brazil is the better for banking advice since it handle most all cambios.