Looking for New Appliances

Any recommendations on places to purchase good quality gas stove, microwave and oven. I saw a post from 2015, wanted to see if there are any new reputable places.

Thanks,

Kevin
(Cabarete)

Best choice and prices will be in Santiago. Many more stores and options.

In Puerto Plata Corripio,  Jumbo, La Serena (I personally don't recommend them) and Gonzalez near central park. Also now  is LnR Furniture on the main street west of the public hospital.

Best service and guarantee will be Corripio but make sure to negotiate!

Thank you

Hi Kevin, how is your project coming along?  Have you checked out Propeterio on the highway in Sosua?  They are not inexpensive ,but a volume deal can be made. If nothing else, it will be a price guide to go by before making extended trips. They do have some quality products. For instance , smart TVs are 20$ more than Santiago, but saves you the time & expense of the trip. I saw a couple of stoves I wouldn't mind cooking on.  Good luck with your search. Might try contacting Gerry at Spankys. He knows everywhere to find anything. PM me for info.

We bought our fridge at Encanto (sp?) in Santiago. It was close to IKEA. Damien's guy picked up our stuff from IKEA and then ran down to this place with us and loaded the fridge. We bought our microwave at LaSirena but the bigger stuff wasn't all that great there. We still need an oven, but it is built in so might be hard to find.

Thank you

Go to...  Talk to "D" & John about Anchoa (sp?)  appliances  & about a fixture company ( Senesta?) actually American Standard manufactured here. Exactly the same just different name baked on in the kiln. If the name is important PM me for name of guy in charge who will put the A. S. logo on.  Also major tile supplier of top o the line  ceramic tiles in Miami. Excellent prices & sources.  Good luck in your quest.

Thanks for all the great information. I will talk to John about your suggestions. 

Kevin

Seems like a good time to ask, what brand name of appliances are good here?  Not looking for top-of-the-line units,  but something dependable.  Looking at fridges, gas stoves, microwaves, and BBQ's.  Or, at least which brands to stay away from.

LG, Samsung, whirlpool.   Stay away from names you don't recognize. Stay away from Newest technology as often no one knows how to fix it when things go wrong.

Our fridge (Whirlpool) is nice cause you can adjust the temp from the front of the door. Since we are not there all the time it makes it easy to set it back, but still leave it on. Gotta have a cold Presidente ready and waiting for the next arrival! And, it has an alarm if the door isn't shut. I think we paid 32,000 pesos. Not cheap, but comparable.

I think I have the same fridge!!!

A local brand that seems to last is Heir/Hier not sure of the sp.  Forget GE, now made in China.  With Sears going out of business, you may get real deals on Kenmore products, stoves, fridges etc.

Never heard of Heir or Hier.

It's Haier  ;)http://www.haier.com/index.html

- Greg

I've seen a few Haier appliances in our searches, and even Walmart in Canada carries it for some small fridges.  I know from experience to stay away from LG and GE, as they break down and are quite expensive to repair.  Thanks for the input!

UncleBuck wrote:

I've seen a few Haier appliances in our searches, and even Walmart in Canada carries it for some small fridges.  I know from experience to stay away from LG and GE, as they break down and are quite expensive to repair.  Thanks for the input!

They've become quite mainstream Stateside lately...Home Depot, Lowes, etc. Almost bought one of their dishwashers a couple of years ago. Reviews are mostly positive.

- Greg

Ive not heard of them. And thanks for the correct spelling!

LG has appliances manufactured for this market. I've had no issue with them at all.

When it comes to air conditioners absolutely stay away from the new brands flooding our market.  I am hearing some really bad reviews as they tend to breakdown and are tough to repair.  Stick to the known names here as well. They cost a bit more on the energy efficient models but are well worth the extra cost.

I've renovated many properties in the Sosua area and had satisfaction with Mabe brands. Mabe, located in Mexico, does contract manufacturing for several major appliance brands.

They are a good lower end brand as well!

Thanks y'all.

Hi Kevin

I am also looking for appliances, stove and refrigerator so if you find a store that is good value for money can you please let me know

Thanks

Sally

Hi Planner

I am trying to buy a stove and refrigerator for an apartment I am renting and would like to know if you have any recommendations for any stores near to me that are good value for money .

Thanks

Sally

I have looked around quite a bit  and I am probably going to end up getting most of my stuff at the link below 
https://www.tiendascorripio.com.do/
Hope this helps,  good luck with your project

Corripio is a good company to buy from, they stand behind what they sell!