"Too much load will kill you"

Now what?

I have been here in Thailand for almost 5 months now and I am still on my adjustment period. This has been my dream before to experience teaching abroad and tries how to live away from my family. So far Im still holding on but over the past days Ive been feeling unwell, frustrated and stressed.

My school, a bilingual school, here in Chiang Mai lately been asking us different paper works they said we needed to submit due to different reasons that I am so overwhelmed I dont know what to do 1st. Yeah I get it most of the people I get to know here in Thailand may they be a teacher or not had already shared a lot when it comes on working here. "Always expect the unexpected" is the right words to describe. So at 1st, I was not complaining at all since I already anticipate this could happen but time will always come that you will feel anything that what you just like to do is to sleep the whole day.

Teaching in the Philippines was hard especially if you handle 4-7 classes with at least 40-50 students. But teaching outside the Phil is much harder as my POV, well here in Thailand for me to be specific, because of 1st I cannot speak Thai fluently. 2nd because you are a foreigner and your employer will squeeze everything they can from you. And maybe, just maybe my school was so competitive they want to do everything to stay on the game that sometimes they overlook their employee's limitations. As of now, I have 35 teaching hours a week together with my extra class. I teach 9 subjects for both Primary 2 and 3 and must prepare 9 unique lessons for each (I am a teacher and so I should always come prepared). I am tired and frustrated Im losing motivation but afraid of losing a job.

Now what?

35 teaching hrs is insane!   Your employer is not only exploiting you but also contributing to your emotional and physical damage. It's a high time you started looking for other options. Try to find another school.Teaching in Thailand ain't a walk over, 35 lessons means "Double trouble" I hope you will see a ray of light at the end of the tunnel.

I wouldn't be afraid of losing a job that stresses me out and makes me miserable.
There are lots of jobs out there.

Yeah! I realized that now and trying to sort things out. Definitely looking for another school is my current goal. Thank you for the encouragement.:D