Little one

Reposting for my wife Jchirstie.

hello everyone,my husband is going to work in beijing soon and he want us to go with him my concern's are where is a good place to take my littleone so she can enjoy the day? and what is beijing really like? pls let me know i would love to here it...

How old is the little one?  Do you need info about kindergartens? Playgroups? Mum and toddlers?

Hiya Manlin need info on all listed.She is almost two

Kantchr in which part of town will you be living?

At the traders east hotel or near.

Not suggesting for daughter but I think you and Mrs Kantchr will enjoy the Collage Bar that is located in the Traders Upper East.

From that area you can either travel a few minutes to the Lido area, or in the other direction to the Chaoyang Park / Liangma Qiao (aka Lufthansa Center)areas.

IF my memory serves me correctly then there are some very small-kid friendly things in the basement of Solana and (in suitable weather) the three of you can sit at one of the lakeside cafes.

If you live at Upper East Side you can go to the Lido Park which is just north of there, or you can walk down to the north gate of ChaoYang Park (which is south of you a little ways).

As far as what Beijing is like, that's a really big question. It seems like your biggest concern is whether or not Beijing is a kid friendly place. To which I would say yes it can be. Check out beijing-kids.com. I know a lot of families with little ones that live in Beijing and love it here.
I would also suggest that you spend some time reading the blogs connected through this site to get a better idea of what real life is like here.