Renewal of Residency Card

I have just noted that my residency card expires in October this year - I have lived here over 5 years and the only alteration in my initial application is that I have now purchased the property I was renting so address same - do Identity Malta send out renewal forms or what process do I have to apply for  renewal and how long before my present card expires ??  Any help/advice appreciated - thankyou

Good day to you. As a property owner you have residency and associated rights. 7 years allows you to apply for citizenship if the idea appeals.
After 30 years here I remain a British citizen and suggest that you await the announcement for renewals which tend to be at specific times. If you hear nothing early September go visit the office and check what is happening. The OPM expatriates dept. can help with queries so why not give them a call?
Best wishes
Prof. Stephen J A Newton

Valj wrote:

I have just noted that my residency card expires in October this year - I have lived here over 5 years and the only alteration in my initial application is that I have now purchased the property I was renting so address same - do Identity Malta send out renewal forms or what process do I have to apply for  renewal and how long before my present card expires ??  Any help/advice appreciated - thankyou

Ours run out at the same time as yours so we will call in at Victoria then I don't think they will remind you.

Thankyou for the information - I also shall not be applying for citizenship and wish to retain my UK passport - shall check nearer the date if I do not receive any correspondence from ID Malta

Citizenship costs a fortune.

sjan wrote:

Good day to you. As a property owner you have residency and associated rights. 7 years allows you to apply for citizenship if the idea appeals.
After 30 years here I remain a British citizen and suggest that you await the announcement for renewals which tend to be at specific times. If you hear nothing early September go visit the office and check what is happening. The OPM expatriates dept. can help with queries so why not give them a call?
Best wishes
Prof. Stephen J A Newton

You dont need to call them you just go along and renew your card.

From what I have experienced so far, the government department does not seem to be particularly pro-active. Best option seems to be to download the renewal form off, fill it in and present it, in person, with your current card to the Evans building. I have met people with out of date cards, out of date passports and cars that should have been registered for Malta plates years ago. Grief waiting to happen, so jump in first, before it comes your way.