Resignation from Job

Hello all, I am a new  member here and new to Bahrain,I joined my new employer in Bahrain about 1.5 month ago. Still I am not signed any employment contract,when I asked about this to HR ,he say he is still waiting for company signatories to sign contract.Now,I got a very good  job offer from Dubai compared to this. Bahrain employer have paid me relocation allowance also,when I moved here.Now I want to resign and separate in a amicable way , then what should be my notice period ?.do I need to pay back employer for my visa charge,relocation allowances,or any other.?  Is there any other complications .?please guide me to move  ahead. Thank you

No need to pay, just give resignation letter.

@BetwaiGile, sorry but that is inaccurate.  Unless you have hands on knowledge of labor laws or legal contracts, please don't give advice.

It depends on what you have agreed to in the employment contract.  Even if visa charges are not claimed back, most companies, for relocation costs & allowances, have a time period stipulated i.e. if you resign before that time period, you have to pay back pro-rata relocation costs.  And it does not matter whether the signatories have signed the contract or not - you accepted employment offer, they relocated you, issued visa (yes or no?) and starting work indicates acceptance of employment terms and conditions.  And if there is a clause, it will be enforced and upheld by the labor court.

As far as notice period is concerned; during probation, as per labor law, you can resign immediately.  Again, you need to refer back to your employment contract.

Thanks for the informative reply

XTang wrote:

@BetwaiGile, sorry but that is inaccurate.  Unless you have hands on knowledge of labor laws or legal contracts, please don't give advice.

It depends on what you have agreed to in the employment contract.  Even if visa charges are not claimed back, most companies, for relocation costs & allowances, have a time period stipulated i.e. if you resign before that time period, you have to pay back pro-rata relocation costs.  And it does not matter whether the signatories have signed the contract or not - you accepted employment offer, they relocated you, issued visa (yes or no?) and starting work indicates acceptance of employment terms and conditions.  And if there is a clause, it will be enforced and upheld by the labor court.

As far as notice period is concerned; during probation, as per labor law, you can resign immediately.  Again, you need to refer back to your employment contract.

Got my contract .

It says ' if this agreement is terminated during the Probation period,the Employee shall derive only his/her Basic salary up to and including the date of termination and shall not be entitled to any further allowances'

Is this means if resign during probation should I return all the allowances received so far or I am not eligible for further any allowances ?

I cannot interpreter ,please guide.

The wording says "up to and including date of termination" which implies from the date of hire.  Difficult to say; it can be interpreted either way.  Is there any internal policy of the company related to relocation allowance?   policies which have been approved by MOL are also considered on top of the contract.

I have enrolled to new company before four months and  already signed my contract and currently i got new a better job and resigned from the company and they accepted my resignation also but they are asking to pay my visa expenses and all other expenses like accommodation i think that is not fair what i can do now..

File a case at MOL.

Read this:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=841333