Overstaying in Oman - with valid visa

Hi all, can anyone please advice me regarding my problem --

I am still currently on employment visa, working as an expat employee in the Ministry.However, I have already filed resignation which will be effective on May 6. Due to some unforeseen personal issues however, I would need to stay in Oman til 25th of May. My visa and resident card is valid til 2019. Is it against the labor/immigration laws of Oman if I want to stay in the country beyond my resignation date even if my resident card and visa are still valid? Coz I've went to HR and Passport sections of my institution and they were adamant that I leave by 6th and were even demanding that I book a ticket the soonest possible time (I chose to buy the ticket and receive remuneration). If this is possible as per the laws, can someone direct me to this specific law as I've done my research on laws and read over the previous posts here with no success.

Thank you very much.

Hi ikayperez,

As long as you hold a valid employment visa and a valid resident card, you can stay in Oman without any problem.

Your request to stay back a for a couple of weeks after your resignation is not really a big deal. Most employers would not make an issue out of it. But it is evident that your employer is not in favour of you.

All you can do is to request them to cancel your employment visa at the airport on your departure from Muscat. You cannot throw any law at them to make them accede to your request.

Speak to the right authorities, explain your predicament and request them to do you this one last favour. You may even offer that during the days that you are requesting for the extension, all expenses would be borne entirely by yourself, with zero cost to your company.

If there is still any humanity left, your employer should oblige.

Thank  for your reply, sir. It made me question all they've told me about this so far. They told me that they're not allowing me because of immigration issues and it's not about the validity of visa. Thanks very much sir. I'd try to speak with them again.

Can someone tell me how I can removed my blocked in Oman? I overstay there for 3months and the immigration blocked me... how iam supposed to removed it...? I wasn't aware of that rules... praying somebody can answer me here... Thank you and Godbless

Hi Akira16suki,

Your post is not clear. Let me try and understand what you are trying to say :

You overstayed for 3 months in Oman. Then you left. If you did go, did you pay any fine while exiting ?

So now you are in Dubai and you wish to return to Oman. But cannot come because of the ban. Is my understanding of your situation correct thus far ?

If you have been banned from reentering Oman,  you obviously cannot return holding the same passport.  And the ban cannot be removed. (If the ban can be removed, then what is the point in banning the expatriate any way ?!?)