Hi Everyone! I am a Newbie looking to immigrate to Canada soon!

Hi Guys & Gals, I am new to the Forum. I am hoping to move over to Canada soon, it would be magical if I could obtain a position in Canada whilst I am still in SA. I am qualified in the Interior Design and Architectural Field. I look forward to participating with people of similar interests on this forum! Exciting times ahead! :)

It is very difficult to apply to and secure a Canadian job UNLESS you are already physically present in Canada. Most potential interviewers will insist on a personal interview---usually several meetings for senior or managerial positions---and you will be at a SEVERE disadvantage competing against local candidates if you are not available.

There are exceptions. If you already work for Deloitte & Touche (Africa), for example, you may be able to arrange an international transfer to Deloitte Vancouver or Deloitte Toronto.

Hello.
Thank you for your replies, I thought it would be the case - as it is in most Countries. It is understandable as well... Thank you, your comments have definitely helped with plans moving forward. #Hi5's