Volunteering.

In a few months, I plan to stop working. I may continue to work part-time but I won't face the necessity of earning an income.   What are the opportunities (in or near HCMC) for some kind of volunteer work?   In the UK and USA, I've had experience of the not-for-profit sector and would like to do so again.   Chris

http://www.ffscvn.org/index.php?lang=en#

hello,
do you want to start a non-profit organization or do you just want to join an existing organization?  if you just wanna do some volunteer work, you can help out at Buddhist temples or orphanages (sometimes they are one in the same).  I don't know of any other organizations.  if you wanna start a non-profit and have the resources, count me in.  I would like to help but I have no resource and no connections to acquire them. 

Yong

Friends forStreet Children

yong.j.mun wrote:

hello,
do you want to start a non-profit organization or do you just want to join an existing organization?  if you just wanna do some volunteer work, you can help out at Buddhist temples or orphanages (sometimes they are one in the same).  I don't know of any other organizations.  if you wanna start a non-profit and have the resources, count me in.  I would like to help but I have no resource and no connections to acquire them. 

Yong

Aid to the Children of Vietnam

CHRISLANGTON wrote:

In a few months, I plan to stop working. I may continue to work part-time but I won't face the necessity of earning an income.   What are the opportunities (in or near HCMC) for some kind of volunteer work?   In the UK and USA, I've had experience of the not-for-profit sector and would like to do so again.   Chris

This is the very nice thought. I recommend “Dieu Giac temple's orphanage on 177 Tran Nao, district 2. There are a lot of orphans there needing helps from benefactors like you.

Thanks,
Ni

I am interested to Volunteer in some activities in Saigon too

I know no place to do volunteering work in Saigon, but Touch The World organization in Hanoi is quite a good place to do voluntary work. You can teach Vietnamese students, especially the handicapped and kids how to speak English. I also hear that in the weekend, you can join them with the free porridge activity in the hospital if you wish so. In exchange, they will provide you with accommodation and some food.
You can search for the information of this organization and message them on Facebook.

CHRISLANGTON wrote:

Hi Chris,

Good to know you care and hope to give your time. There is an international group call Youth for Life -Y4L of which the local Saigon group cooks food for children in hospitals, orphans and the homeless every 2-3 weeks. We the volunteers usually start cooking in the morning, pack and personally bring food and gifts to the location. The Saigon group consists of 20 over lovely local and the expats and is funded by the volunteers themselves. Incidentally there is an event tomorrow Sunday the 19th August 18 consisting of meals for the sick children and their family at the pediatric hospital in D1, HCMC.

If you are interested to be a volunteer drop a FB message on the group link below and someone would get in touch with you really soon. Thanks for giving back ! ♡ ♡ ♡

https://www.facebook.com/youth4lifeandpizza/