Health care in Jordan

Hello everyone,

One among the various issue that many expatriates usually raise is Health Care. So, I think it would be very interesting and helpful to start a topic about Health.

> So, can you please list some of the private clinics & public hospitals in Jordan?

> What about dental care? May be some tips about the costs?

> Some addresses of Eye care clinic, opticians will also be welcomed!

> Some addresses of pharmacies around Jordan will also be useful.

Do not hesitate, to add more related items to the list.

Thanks in advance for your participation!

Well,If you have money or Insurance,your Health coverage would be Good,some if the Hospitals in Jordan have the best health care in the middle east.
BUT if u don't have money or Insurance then you have nothing if u bleeding to die in the hospital door no one will help you...

Hello to all !!! Can anybody answer to a question: my husband works and has health insurance, can I benefit of his insurance if I am not employed??? (I need some dental interventions now...). If not, what should I do??? Can you recommend a modern and not very expensive dental clinic??? Thanks all !!!

Hi Danik

I have a very good and gentle female dentist who can do fillings but does not do root canal work.  What do you call inexpensive?  Most visits to her are around 25-30JD which to an English person is very cheap when you consider the minimum you pay in the UK is £39 and that is subsidised.  If you are interested I will send you her telephone number by email.  I will not post here as I do not have her permission.

For the forum:
Khalidi Hospital is excellent - I had surgery there 18 months ago.  My surgery, including MRI, x-rays, bloods, room for 2 nights, anaesthetist, nursing and surgeon was around JD2,500 in total.  That included the consultations.  We were insured but we claimed the costs back later.  Our insurance excluded one or two items and I think we recovered £2,200 so nearly everything.

My one concern about Jordan's excellent private healthcare system is the unnecessary work ........... xrays, intravenous drips etc..... and I know it is a concern for locals too.  It sort of puts me off going to the hospital - recently my back went into spasm and I held off going for several hours because I thought they would go over the top on treatment but this time to be fair they just prescribed drugs and the consultation was 25JD.  I guess where there is a paying system this is a usual concern whereas in the UK where it is paid for by NI contributions, they would rather not do the tests because it costs the NHS money.  Which is right?!!!  It's a difficult one.