Recommendations for mail forwarding. HELP!

Any recommendations for mail forwarding services.  I have read that some scan mail and send you the scan and then they batch mail it to you.

I want to have an address in a state where there are no taxes.

Using a "real address" can this become my "permanent residence" in the US?

Will they reveal what your real address is without a subpoena? 

What else do I need to know?

Taipan510 wrote:

Any recommendations for mail forwarding services.?  I have read that some scan mail and send you the scan and then they batch mail it to you.

Dear Taipan,

Welcome to the Ecuador forum.

Expat.com members gave their forwarding-company recommendations on an earlier mail-forwarding thread on this forum....

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=621540

-- cccmedia

Seven USA states do not have an income tax.

Google:  thebalance states that do not have income tax

--- cccmedia

Taipan510 wrote:

Using a "real address" can this become my "permanent residence" in the US?  Will they reveal what your real address is without a subpoena?

Your first question is unclear because you do not define "real address."

Your second question appears to mean:  Will the forwarding service reveal your Ecuador address without a subpoena?

1.  Finance-related companies based in the USA are skittish about even accepting non-residence addresses these days because of money-laundering laws such as the FATCA statute.  In other words, most banks and brokerages will probably reject any address that they discover or deem to be a non-residence address.  However, this fact should not interfere with your  receiving your mail by way of a forwarding service.

2.  The part about the subpoena is "inside baseball."

The preponderance of us laymen Expats and prospective Expats on this forum are not qualified to give you a reliable answer that would apply to any situations in which you might hypothetically be involved.

cccmedia

cccmedia wrote:

Seven USA states do not have an income tax.

Google:  thebalance states that do not have income tax

--- cccmedia

Not all of those states will allow you to be a resident.  Many snowbirds spend 6 months in Florida but cannot claim residence.  Some of the usual checks are:  From which state is your driver's license?  Where are you registered to vote?  Do you own a house in another state?  In addition, many states without a personal income tax have personal property taxes.  Good luck.

Taipan510 wrote:

Any recommendations for mail forwarding services.  I have read that some scan mail and send you the scan and then they batch mail it to you.

I want to have an address in a state where there are no taxes.

Laarbox is a mail forwarding service located in Miami, Florida