Ford Hybrid C-Max in Mexico

Wondering mainly about anyone having experience obtaining knowledgeable and authorized service for gas/electric (not plug-in) hybrid vehicles (especially Ford/Lincoln/Mercury) wherever you might be in Mexico.

I'm guessing the bigger the city, the better the chance of finding the right service outlet?

Any stories of how long and costly it might have been to obtain specialty parts?

While I'm guessing O.E.M. parts might be hard to come by, in the past I've discovered that many after-market parts I've obtained in the U.S. for other vehicles were made in Mexico, so do you know of good sources for parts--maybe a Mexican version of NAPA parts or Auto Zone?

Maybe a good internet site that easily delivers in Mexico?

My tentative plan is to use my 2014 Ford C-Max Hybrid for long-distance driving throughout Mexico, and rely on local transportation and walking once I've reached my new lodgings for a month or more.

It's a deceptively large car--

https://www.cstatic-images.com/stock/900x600/1408112020859.jpg

https://blog.consumerguide.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2014/10/Screen-shot-2014-10-15-at-11.39.37-AM.png

So I'm prepared to not be able to easily navigate it in narrow, small spaces. It also has a poor turning radius in tight spots due to the configuration of the electric motor and gas  engine under the front hood.

But the mileage is so good (46 city/42 highway/38 at very high speeds), the interior hatchback room quite spacious, and the range on a 12.5 gallon tank generally at least 500 miles/800 kilometres, that I think it will serve me well as I travel the main roads of Baja, the west coast and the Carribean coast.

It's also a very low-slung car for aerodynamic purposes, so I'll only be driving during daylight and not speeding, to cautiously avoid speed bumps and potholes.

Thanks ahead of time for helpful/constructive feedback.

Gordy

Lot's of dealers here Gordy  especially in the mid sized to large cities. In my city there are numerous dealers, including Ford.

The turning problems and the being low slung will definately be issues here. lots of speed bumps and holes here, lots of narrow streets and tight parking if you can find parking. Then there are rain periods where the being low slung will definately be a BIG disadvantage. So  buena suerte.

When we moved to Rosarito we had a Prius. Within the first 6 months we decided it was not adequate. The primary issue was ground clearance. Speed bumps and potholes, though a problem, were not the worst of it. A lot of the places we chose to visit were to places with no paved roads. That turned out to be more than the Prius could comfortably handle. We switched to a higher clearance SUV. It doubled our gasoline bill, but gave us much peace of mind during our explorations.

Mreid51 wrote:

When we moved to Rosarito we had a Prius. Within the first 6 months we decided it was not adequate. The primary issue was ground clearance. Speed bumps and potholes, though a problem, were not the worst of it. A lot of the places we chose to visit were to places with no paved roads. That turned out to be more than the Prius could comfortably handle. We switched to a higher clearance SUV. It doubled our gasoline bill, but gave us much peace of mind during our explorations.

I'm going to look into getting custom adjustable air shocks installed, to leave it as is in normal highway traffic, but raise the body up a bit when necessary. If I can't get it done in Tijuana, I'm sure I can up in East L.A... 😉

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
Mreid51 wrote:

I'm going to look into getting custom adjustable air shocks installed, to leave it as is in normal highway traffic, but raise the body up a bit when necessary. If I can't get it done in Tijuana, I'm sure I can up in East L.A... 😉

Ok, so there is a flood at night, will you be running out to adjust the car ? Will your car then fill with water when you open the door ?  What will it do to that cornering problem ?  Its not just rough roads, potholes, and speed bumps, it's heavy rain,and sometimes a shift in the tide that brings the water to your door. Plus who knows, a hurricane perhaps like Cabo last year.

travellight wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:
Mreid51 wrote:

Ok, so there is a flood at night, will you be running out to adjust the car ? Will your car then fill with water when you open the door ?  What will it do to that cornering problem ?  Its not just rough roads, potholes, and speed bumps, it's heavy rain,and sometimes a shift in the tide that brings the water to your door. Plus who knows, a hurricane perhaps like Cabo last year.

I'll probably park it in the raised position. That would also make it easier to get out with my bad knee. Also, remote control. If it cuts down on turning radius, I won't do it, Dad... 😉