New members of the Guadeloupe forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hi all,

Newbie on the Guadeloupe forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Guadeloupe if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi everyone. I sailed to Guadeloupe from Bermuda. I am from the US, but working remotely from my sailboat here in Port Louis. I'd love to connect with other expats here in Guadeloupe, to see what kind of work you've found, what kinds of things you've discovered here in Guadeloupe as an expat, what kind of work you do, & what's fulfilling you at the moment. Would love to connect.

Hi all  :cheers:
I'm from France, but my partner and I are good english speakers, and since there isn't so much activity on the english part of the Guadeloupe forum, I figure it wouldn't be a problem if we joined.
Welcome to Guadeloupe, I'm curious to know what you all will think of this island ! We arrived 4 month ago, and we work in healthcare. I'm currently trying to change carreers but it's not easy.

Pleased to meet you.. What kind of work would you like to transition into, from healthcare?

I'm a young lab tech (only two years since I had my degree). I like the job alright but I'd like to get closer to the patients, closer to "healing". I'd like to be a masseuse, the physiologist type ^^

Hello guys!

I'm Landry from Ivory Coast and living here in Guadeloupe (Saint-Claude) since September 2016.
I'm a Consultant in Finance for Small and Medium Enterprises and I'm also teaching IT in Baimbridge :-).

I would love to meet a lot of French or English speaking expats here on this forum.

Love you all!

See you!

Landry (not Laundry) ;-)

Hellooo :D

Hi!!!
How are you doing? :-)

I'm fine thank you ! Actually I just found a job (as a lab tech), a 6 month contract.  Unfortunatly it's 1h away from home but still, i needed the money and I'll learn new things so.. yay !
So you've been in Guadeloupe for one and a half year now, are you enjoying your life here ?

Hi everyone
I'm looking to work as an English language teacher in Guadeloupe.  Does anyone have any insights ?
Wishing you a beautiful day

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=830018

Thanks!

Closed