Money transfer

hi all

i need ur advice i left my money with afriend in libya  so may ask how i can transfer i or it is impossible nowdays and may know exchnage rate

thx

Please contact me at [email protected]

@Salah2011 - maybe you should give advise on the forum. This will help other members.

Thank you.

Western Union is still working here. Their exchange rate is 1.3 LYD to a US dollar.

but i left this money in Tripoli so do u have any idea if western union working in Tripoli or not
thx for your kind help wish all te best for Benghazi and all libya fulfill in peace

If you left you money with a friend in Tripoli, then surely the best thing to do would be to ask them if W-Union is open, as they are there, they can check and also advice on exchange rate.

OB

Hi. I left Tripoli at the end of February. My wife and I were working with the British Council. We had bank accounts there. Does anyone know if the banking system is still working in Tripoli? Any idea how/if we can get our money out of the banks?
We also have about 1500 LYD here - anyone know if we can exchange it?
Thanks

Andy, Banks are working, I doubt expat accounts will be up and running, I'll try and find out.
OB

Hi

I left libya empty handed and my company promised me that they will send money through bank transfer.

Would any one let me know that banks are opeating in Tripoli for money transfer.

Your reply in this regard will be apprecaited.

Thanks

No transfers coming out of Libya by the banks, Locals or expats with resi visa can withdraw upto 1000 LYD per month.
As I learn more I'll post.
OB