Information

Hello, Im a Pakistani national living in Brazil with permanent visa status in Brazil, recently i married with a Pakistani in Pakistan, i attested my marriage certificate from Brazil Embassy in Islamabad, now i came to know, to apply for my wife visa i have to register my marriage certificate at Brazilian consulate in Islamabad as well, as im in Brazil now, my wife has my RNE and passport copies attested from Brazilian court and original marriage certificate, can she take these documents along with her to register our marriage or my presence is necessary?

Hi, Rabtoo,
When you say that you "attested your marriage certificate from Brazil Embassy in Islamabad", do you mean that you presented your Pakistani marriage certificate, and they gave you a "Certidão de Registro de Casamento" to register at the Cartório de Registro Civil in the Brazilian city where you live, to give your marriage legal effect here?  If you have that document, then you've satisfied the requirement for consular registration.  If she has a copy, she can take that and the other documents you mention to the Consulate and ask them to process her visa request.  They MAY do it; chances are, though, that they will require you return to request her visa at the Islamabad consulate, or bring her to Brazil on a tourist visa, and make the application for permanent residence here.

Hello Abthree,
Many thanks for your reply. We submitted marriage certificate issued by Pakistani government, attested by notary republic and ministry of foreign affairs of Pakistan, the embassy attested the same marriage certificate and gave us back. Now I am in Brazil and my wife is in Pakistan, we want to register our marriage at Brazilian consulate to request visa for my spouse, I have sent her via courier attested copies from 'cartorio' of my RNE, CPF, Passport, Declaration that i have never married to a Brazilian, Formulario de registro de casamento filled' and Birth certificate.
What do you suggest are these documents sufficient for embassy to register our marriage? As my spouse will take as well our Pakistani marriage certificate attested by Embassy in Pakistan?

Rabtoo,
Check the website of the Brazilian Embassy in Islamabad for the list of documents required to request a permanent residence visa (VIPER) for family unification.  The list looks substantially like the list of documents you've provided, but each embassy/consulate's procedure is slightly different.
The issue your wife may run into is that, technically, it is the spouse with the connection to Brazil (you) who is requesting the visa, not the foreign spouse, and you're not there.  The request to register the marriage with the consulate also comes from the Brazil-related spouse.  You've established enough of a paper trail that they may be willing to process the requests for her:  the only way to find out is to contact them, or to give it a try.

Hello Abthree,
Many thanks for the information, Lets hope  they register the marriage in  embassy, when i said i have authenticated Pakistani marriage certificate from Brazil Embassy in Islamabad i meant, they legalized it. I have also sent a  hand written declaration, signed it and attested it from 'CARTORIO' that why I am sending all documents to check a possibility if they register it.

Good luck Rabtoo -- I hope it works out for you two!