Oman visa

Hai my name is subin from Chennai ,i got a offer letter from muscat ,and also they send my visa but the validity is just four months but that is a employment visa  i thing the job visa is 2 years validity .and after just ask to the company they said   just you come first this four month visa and after before expiring go back to India then after u got a job visa for two years and back to Oman ..let me know what is procedures ..actually what they mean for 4 months visa ..thank you..

Dear Subin,

Normally a work visa is for 2 years and the tourist/visit visa is for 3 months - which can be extended by a month .

Can you make out from your visa what exactly is written there ?
Is it an employment visa or an employment contracting visa ? I think even the later one is for 1 month and can be extended by another month.

You can actually figure this out by looking at your visa. There 4 boxes , NON EMPLOYMENT / EMPLOYMENT/SINGLE/MULTIPLE . You can see 2 of these boxes are crossed out. So if you see NON EMPLOYMENT and MULTIPLE are crossed out , you would be having a multiple entry employment visa.

Since I am not aware of all the provision, for a second, let me assume that your employer actually got you an employment visa for 4 months. Now, you resign and come over . After 4 months you go back to India with an understanding that ......this time they will bring you back with a proper 2 year work Visa. What if they dont get approval then ?

Isn't it too risky to agree to such ad-hoc arrangement and give up one in hand for the two in bush ???

Best wishes

subintu wrote:

Hai my name is subin from Chennai ,i got a offer letter from muscat ,and also they send my visa but the validity is just four months but that is a employment visa  i thing the job visa is 2 years validity .and after just ask to the company they said   just you come first this four month visa and after before expiring go back to India then after u got a job visa for two years and back to Oman ..let me know what is procedures ..actually what they mean for 4 months visa ..thank you..

Hi subintu,

Seems like your employer is bringing you over on a Business Visa.

Many employers who do not have the needed labour clearance followthis shortcut method to bypass the system and bring the expatriate employees over so that time is not lost.

Until and unless the labour clearance is obtained from the Ministry of Manpower and until the 2-year employment visa is issued in the expat employee's name, the employment cannot be considered as firm and final.