Romanian-English-Spanish speaker looking for a job in Vienna

Hi guys,

I am looking for a job in Vienna, I speak fluently Romanian, English and Spanish. I have a University and Master's degree.
Any tips on how to find a job if I don't speak German?

Thank you very much!

Hello and welcome,

You don't mention in which domain your degree is, nor your work experience.  Without a command of German, it's questionable whether you'll find a job, especially one which interacts with the public.  Why not choose a country where one of the national languages matches what you know.  Otherwise, you probably need to learn German if you want to have a good chance in Vienna.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Hi Romaniac,

I studied translation and interpreting.
So far I lived in Spain and Ireland, but now I want to try something new and learn German while I work in Vienna.

If you have qualifications in teaching you could possibly get away with teaching without German knowledge. You would have to search the language schools. But German knowledge is becoming a must, they are even requesting it for low skilled work such as dishwashers/pot wash in hotels and restaurants.

Have a look at the Government job search website which is www.ams.at it's in German though. So use Google Chrome web browser or something that will translate the site into your chosen language.

Good Luck

Thank you!