New in town!

Hello guys, I am living in Cyprus for around 4 years now. Such a quite country, and Limassol the best city to live.

People are wonderful.

A big hug for the reader!

God is good

Hi Jagg1973,

Thank you for sharing your point of view about Cyprus.  :top:

I invite you to give us more details about the quality of life there and what you appreciate the most as an expat.
Feel free to share your expat experience with us ;)

Have a nice day,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Hello, let's know a little more about my beloved Cyprus. The more than 4.000 years landscape enjoys an intense Mediterranean climate with very dry summers starting in mid-May and lasting until mid-October and quite mild winters from December to February. Spring and autumn pass by so fast that you barely can tell to them Hi and Bye.
Clothing requirements vary, depending on how long you will stay on your visit. On April and May, days are pleasantly warm, temperatures drop at night. Spring and summer apparel and long sleeved tops or light jackets for the evenings are the cloths to wear.
Now, wherever you walk on a straight line you will find a beach, yes! it is an island you know. Well, beaches to choose from are plenty, you're bound to find one that suits your taste.
Some beaches you are to visit, if you come and you don't, then you didn't come, clear?

1. Fig Tree Bay, one of Cyprus's best known and most popular beaches, takes its name from the tree that provided shade to locals before the area's popularity with tourists.

2. Konnos Beach, one of the most picturesque beaches on the island, it is well sheltered from heavy winds and has practically no waves at all. your kids will love it, and at night, if you are in love, well yes, you will love it too. It is 200 meters long by 35 meters wide and covered with fine golden sand. Did I give you a picture?

3. Nissi Beach, this 600 meters long 40 meters wide beach is covered with fine golden sand, calm waters. Lifeguards are on duty with lifesaving equipment from 10:00 to 18:00 hours during the bathing season.

4. Governor's Beach, it is a very popular rural sandy beach. Can be reached by car, motor bike and bus. Water sports, many fish restaurants and accommodation facilities.

5. Phinikoudes Beach,  one of the most famous in Cyprus. "Phinikoudes" means small palm trees. (now grown very big palm trees) Were planted in 1922. It has fine grey sand and is some 500 meters long. I measured my self!

The beach has several services and facilities such as toilets, showers, changing rooms, access for the disabled, sun beds and umbrellas and water sports. Lifeguards are on duty with lifesaving equipment during the bathing season.

There is easy and safe access to the beach by bus and car or on foot. Many car parks are found near the beach.

The sea is clean and the water quality in line with standards set by the European Union's Bathing Water Directive. The sea is usually calm and the waves mild.

6. Coral Bay Beach, it is easily reached by car, motorbike, bicycle and bus. Water sports, sun bed and umbrella hire are available on site. There are accommodation facilities nearby while lifeguards are on duty with lifesaving equipment between 11:00 to 17:30 hours during the bathing season.

Do you want to know more?

Come!