Migrate to vietnam

Hi,
My wife is vietnam i wish to migrate to vietnam but just married.can anyone let me know can i get to be vietnam citizen because i will let go my  country citizen as soon as posibble.

It is only a rare event for VN to offer citizenship to foreign nationals.  You might get it if you play for the national football team or the national basketball team. Just being married to a VN national is not a reason to get citizenship.

" i will let go my  country citizen as soon as posibble."
You must come from a truly terrible place

ralphnhatrang wrote:

"Jeffroom -  Malaysian citizen"   :whistle:

gobot wrote:
ralphnhatrang wrote:

"Jeffroom -  Malaysian citizen"   :whistle:

Why would he trade his MY passport?
His passport has visa free/on arrival to more than 150 countries and amongst the highest ranking in SE Asia.

Yes i know,i and my wife will be planning do some bussiness at vietnam.Now i open cafe at malaysian  i dont got much invest and i dont have investor.malaysia economy not stable thats why i need to pull out for my business.

I want to know passport are important for free visa??

Jeffroom wrote:

Yes i know,i and my wife will be planning do some bussiness at vietnam.Now i open cafe at malaysian  i dont got much invest and i dont have investor.malaysia economy not stable thats why i need to pull out for my business.

Hi Jeffroom,
Welcome to Vietnam forum :)

You can stay in Vietnam with a five-year visa exemption (it needs a new immigration stamp every 6 months) or a Temporary Residence Card (TRC) valid for 3 years.

No need to surrender your current Malaysian passport for that.
You don't need a VN citizenship to do business in Vietnam.

Please note, to do business in Vietnam you have to go through necessary legal formalities and it's highly recommended that you consult a competent lawyer in Vietnam to understand the nitty-gritty of doing business in VN.

Good luck!

Hi Jeffroom, which part of Malaysia are you from. I am Malaysian with Vietnamese spouse and 2 children. We are also planning to relocate back to Vietnam. Leave me your contact and perhaps I can help you with some guidelines.

Hi justin ,i stay at KL cheras i already pm you my contact.
Thanks bro