Regarding Tax on individual income in Denmark

Hi 😀

This is Ansuman ( Royson ) here , Im an Indian.  Currently I'm working in Dubai and have a plan to move to Copenhagen, Denmark shortly.

Heard about the high individual tax structure in this country and that too up to 51.5% on your income weekly / monthly. My query is how far this is true ? If 50 % of your income is getting deducted and goes to tax then how will you live your daily life and save afterwards ??😒😏
I would be obliged enough if anybody out here can answer my queries...😊

If that was true, there would be nobody living in this country.  ;)

It's correct that the highest taxation per cent is thereabout, but as we operate with deductions before taxation, this per cent is only relevant for the very few.

Do take into mind that before taxation, we all have a personal deduction, and if you are married, and your spouse doesn't work you will also get his/hers deduction.

The taxation is progressive so it depends on your pay and your interest (negative/positive). The state's taxation is the same all over the country, but the total taxation varies as it depends on where you settle.

You are welcome to send me a pm with more information, and I shall calculate your tax for you.

/Nellie