Shopping Centres in Da nang

We have just been to Vincom, Lotte, Big C and Indochina, they all look as though they are going bust...
What's going on?

Vietnam is not shopping center culture.. shopping centers mostly have only highend products and food places... lot of food places 🤣

michaellieptourists wrote:

We have just been to Vincom, Lotte, Big C and Indochina, they all look as though they are going bust...
What's going on?

Yep.....that's the problem.  There's nothing going on.
The news outlets give the impression alls good, but blind Freddy can see that empty shops and staff staring at phones and popping zits usually means the cash registers aren't ringing.

The only "action " is corruptly obtained money laundered through these places.   Why else would they be there?     Most of what they sell is "knock off" anyway.

WOW...
You just got here and have such a dim outlook on life in Vietnam. First let me say Welcome to Hoi An. I am from the USA and have lived here for 5 years. Yes it is culture shock. You will learn that Malls and such, are not really where you do your shopping for essentials. Some advice is stay out of tourist area's. There are many open air markets that have clothes and food and stuff like that. The prices will change the more often you go to these markets and the people get to know you live here and are not a tourist. Tourist price/ Vietnamese price. Big difference..... there are very good markets in Hoi An. The Tiger market is big and sells everything you could need or want, in most cases. For those special items you will probably need to go to Lotte in Da Nang or Vincom. Once your used to the way things work here, I think you will enjoy it. Hoi An is a great place to live. Once again, Welcome.... Feel free to contact me and perhaps I will have answers for you.

Ron