Why panic?

There are fires in a pond containing the equivalent of 5 Chernobyls. They tried squirting water on it from the air (which means it's al fresco) but they had to pull out cos the radiation was too high. There are another two reactors getting hot and there are ponds like that sitting on top of each reactor. The pumps are not enough for all six reactors and ponds, they're going to erode over the next few weeks and months in the hot seawater and they can't get in to fix them. Now they pulled out the last few staff.

So what's all the fuss about?

Adrian.

how about now? what do you think about the condition now? or you already went back to your country?

You seem to think it's solved. I guess the strategy of not releasing any more news worked. High level nuclear waste is still simmering in the open air. The pumps are still not working. We have no idea how much leaked or where it went.

We know that radiation spikes "subside", i.e., blow away rather quickly, so a sustained intermediate level at the plant represents a constant stream blowing out to sea. How far did it blow? Where are the ocean currents gonna take it?

The only thing that cooled down is the news stream. But you're expecting me to concede that all is fine after all. Interesting huh.

I never cared much for their news anyway. How come they didn't say a word about the spent fuel ponds until one of them caught fire? They must have known about that cos that's the only place the hydrogen could have come from. What was going on when we were all waiting for the water cannon to show up? Did reconnecting the electricity achieve anything or are the pumps all trashed anyway? What's the plan now? Do you realise that no metal lasts long in a salty, boiling, acidic soup?

The good news is that the wind didn't change. Yet. That's the risk we're exposed to. If I lived in Tokyo, I wouldn't take that gamble for five minutes.

Hi and welcome on the forum angthuonimo!

I think we should all just hope that an effective solution is found soon and that this disaster won't make anymore victims :(

Regards
Armand