Working in Jordan

Hello... I'm currently looking for a job that requires English speaking or writing... how do I go on about finding one?

Hi AbzHax,

You can go about it in two different ways in my opinion,

The first is to create accounts on bayt.com and akhtaboot.com as well as place a job seeking ad. here on the forum and then wait for the results.

The second way is to take more of a hands on approach, create an account on upwork.com and nabbesh.com and start working freelance.. at the same time make a nice, creative personal ad. telling people that you are an English native speaker willing to give tutering lessons in English or writing creatively for whomever might need your services, make a few copies of that ad and go to Jabal Amman and Weibdeh and place that ad. in the nice cafes there where your potential customers are likely to be.

Good luck and please do let me know if you need anything.

Peace, light and happiness.

Zeid

Hello Zeid,

Hope your in good health. Thank you very much for the advice, much appreciated.

I do not have a degree in English or any other subjects unfortunately so I don't know if that would be a problem to create an Ad for tutoring.

I would do any sort of job, as long as I can understand the people and the job. That is why I would prefer to work somewhere which requires me to speak, write or read English but it doesn't have to be if the employer is ok with me not speaking Arabic.I don't speak Arabic although I can read the Holy Quran very fluently.

Hello again,

Thank you for your kindness and I hope you are in good health as well.

As for the degrees, doing tutoring while ofcourse would be ideal when you are holding a degree in English or in teaching, but it is still an art if you ask me, so if you are a natural or have the knack for it no one will ask about a degree.

Well, I understand your situation a little better now.
I think I saw a lot of expats working part time or full time at some of the cafes in Weibde and Jabal Amman, since these areas are very popular with and for expats and internationals, and a job like that will not require much from you except a smile, good language and communication skills. 😊

So maybe you should start there.

But I still think that you should do a personal ad. just be honest and direct, offer what you can do and see what happens. you need that exposure.

Hats off to you for knowing the Holy Quran, this is no small feat at all.. you must be a devout and an intelligent person, so I am certain you will be doing good in no time.

I wish you all the good luck in the world.
and Eid Mubarak to you.

Zeid.