Oman Visa Cancellation

Hi All

I would like to find out the following

1. If one was to give their one month notice to the company , does the company have the power
to prevent the individual from leaving

2. Note that I will be able to compensate any financial liability to the company and any institutions within Oman

3, Does the company have to approve this resignation and if they refuse to do so , what actions can an individual take to rectify the problem

4. Would the company preventing me from leaving be a violation of human rights

Hi Citizenoftheworlds,

Find my comments against your brusque post :

1. If one was to give their one month notice to the company , does the company have the power
to prevent the individual from leaving - The notice period as agreed in the employment contract has to be followed.

2. Note that I will be able to compensate any financial liability to the company and any institutions within Oman - Your employer would be happy to hear this and would be happy to let go of you, if the quoted sum can be paid by you.

3, Does the company have to approve this resignation and if they refuse to do so , what actions can an individual take to rectify the problem - In the case of any disputes between the employee and the employer, the employee can approach the Ministry of Manpower with the grievances. Also, the employee can go to their country's embassy to seek redressal.

4. Would the company preventing me from leaving be a violation of human rights - Yes.