Living in Madrid

You are an expatriate living in Madrid, or you used to  work and live in Madrid.

Share your expat experience!

How would you describe life in Madrid?

Has it been complicated to settle down, to find a job, and an accomodation? 

Is it complicated to make friends in Madrid?

What would you recommend to people who would like to live in Madrid?

Thanks in advance for your participation

I've been living in Madrid for three years and I just love the place. When I first arrived in Madrid I didn't even know what "hola" meant, can you believe it?:) Oh yes, there has been a culture shock, but slowly I came closer to Spanish culture,I fell in love with Spanish food, I started listening to Spanish musicians, I saw Spanish movies and spoke the language, but most of all I became addicted to the spanish smile. I will never forget my years over there- living in Madrid showed me so many things about myself and about the world and that's why Madrid will always be part of me :)
whereismadrid.com

yes me too
i love Madrid so much!

I have fond memories of Madrid especially "discovering" the Plaza Mayor late one night partying on a football trip; we were all dumbstruck by its magnificence. When I returned a few years later with my wife (more civilised trip that one) we had a wonderful time; I find it to be a nice balance in Madrid - very big city cosmopolitan but without losing its very proud, Spanish heart.