How to save money in Bahrain

Hello everyone,

Did you plan your budget before your move to Bahrain? If so, how did you go about it?

How do you save money in your day to day life? Do you find there are any areas where you can't cut costs?

Do you have any tips about saving money in Bahrain? For example, getting the best deals on accommodation, grocery shopping and dining out, the best value transportation, etc..

Are there any apps or websites that have helped you to save money?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

I find the best way to save money is not to spend it. Tried and tested formula.

Well, that was good for a laugh!

I would like to pitch in my bit..

Just cutting corners and spending less is not a very effective way to save money for  future. Saving money should be a forced habit. Talk to finance advisors / pension saving scheme managers e.g Takaud..

Make a habit every month to keep a small amount of money (say BD 25 or 30) aside and investing in a recurring deposint in a bank to start with... when the deposit matures, re-invest it.. I mean it all depends on the person as to how much he / she wants to save based on his / her future plans.. Start with  short term goals say 1 year and then increase your the time & saving amount according to your plans..

Highly recommend using YNAB to keep a budget, and keep track of your spending. The first step is just getting an insight into how much you're spending and on what.

Hello Priscilla

For me saving is not a problem as i follow some simple rules. I usually eat at home so i don't spend much on restaurants and that helps reduce a big amount of my expenses. For transportation i guess the best transport system in Bahrain in terms of cost is the bahrain bus system (red buses) as you can go everywhere for 600fils/day only. But i use my own car because i can't afford wasting that much time on public transportation.

to get the best deals i use D4D app which gives you all the latest offers from supermarkets and shops around bahrain. I use another app which is called Wallet to keep track of my income and expenses and have better control on them.

I hope this answers your question.

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/c … ry=Bahrain

U can use that link as a reference