Situation in Muscat

Hi
I'm planning a week holiday in Muscat, mid March. Having read about protests in a couple of Oman's cities, is there anyone who can share overall situation and security related in Muscat in these days?
Thanks in advance and bye, Frank

Welcome on board frank_123 ;)

I hope that other forumers will give you some updates of this situation there.

Regards

hi dears

now there is nothing happen in muscat all things well only some place of oman but i think it will stop this protest nearly becuase there is new change from His Majesty  in oman.

I heard 2day there is small protest but this for give thanks for His Majesty near to the Great Mosque busher dont warry it will be fine ( if it happen ) not sure.

have anice holiday

regards
ammar

Welcome to Oman Frank!!

No problems whatsoever!! We are all safe. The protests are carried out calmly and it is over 200 kms away from Muscat. Have no fear and hope you enjoy the warmth of Oman and it's friendly people.

Have a safe journey!

seems to be pretty quite so far

It is all quiet and peaceful so far. The hotels are suffering though as a lot of the staff are striking. It is not dangerous but it is causing the hotels problems especially the higher end hotels.

Am moving to Muscat next week for a job in a big bank. As i would be traveling alone my family is a little concerned due to unrest in few Arab countries. How is the situation in Muscat and your views on how it would be in the future as Oman has a very good King.

I think you will be absolutely fine. I am here with young children and have encountered no problems. As with everything though you need to be aware of the situation around you.