Contracting in NL: BV or freelancer?

Hi!

I'm an Aussie moving from London to Amsterdam. I was contracting as a project manager in the UK for 2 years (with a Limited company setup in UK). My client is in the UK and they wish to continue working with me, but I have to move to Netherlands on a working holiday visa as my UK visa has ended. My day rate will be paid by my UK agency into an NL bank account.

1. Should I set up as a BV or freelancer? If there are any other contractors in this forum I would love to hear your views!
2. Any suggestions on phone plans? I use 3GB of data, dont need many calls/text, and good international roaming options are key.
3. Best bank for personal and business banking?
4. Recommendations for accountancy/tax services?

Thank you!!

Hi Kilimu,

Currently I am working as a self employed lawyer in Amsterdam. There are some important differences between contracting as a freelancer or as a B.V. For example: taxes, liability etc. To advise on this question, you will need to provide a bit more information. If there is just one client, and the risks are not too high, I would say it would be OK to work as a freelancer.

T-mobile and Vodafone have good international plans. For banking I would recommend ING or ABN AMRO. ***

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : No free ads here please + register in the business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct