Brit new to Bangkok

Hi

I am new to Bangkok (moved here last month) and thought this may be a good way to meet some new people. I am a project manager in my 20s and I will be based in Bangkok for the next couple of years.

I'm looking to meet people in a similar situation and see there have been a few socials organised recently - could people let me know about the next one?

Cheers!
Esme

Hello!

We should organise a night out perhaps? Or find out whether any other nights have been organised?

C

Hi Esme and Esme, :)

Welcome to Expat-blog!

You have only to suggest an appropriate place and a convenient date & time,...and we can stick the discussion to the top of the list for more visibility.

Hope you receive replies very soon.

Good luck
Christine

Hi Christine

Thanks for the advice!

How about Saturday after next (5th March) 8pm at Tuba in 34 Ekkamai, Soi 21 (Suk Soi 63)
http://www.lost-in-bangkok.com/eng/Bang … i/Tuba.asp

Thanks!
Esme

Hello Esme ;)

May be you can also change your discussion title to something  like (Expat Meet-up on 5 March), or start a new thread for your meet-up!

Regards

Well, I do organize too expat meetings quite often (mostly every friday or saturday) We always meet in the same landmark ( the Black Swan) for easy access and then we initiate our night out until the night and part of the morning runs out or for those who arent party animals, can at least meet a few cool people before heading home.

We dont plan in advance, it just happens the plan in the same day, or one day before. I and others send private messages ( or SMS)  with the time, the place - with an address - & the approx number of people that are going to assist.

Nearly all members are from Expat.com, and some others are invited to join for the sake of; the more the merrier.

Nationalities vary from ( and with numbers increasing) 6 Spanish, 2 English, 2 Thai, 1 Australian, 1 Dude from Alaska, 1 dude from Singapore, 1 cool girl from Romania and more to come.

So if a plan is made, you will receive either an SMS or a private message.

Best Regards

LuisF

Ok thanks Luis - do send us a message when you have the next event!

Cheers
Esme

Welcome to Bangkok :)