Nigerian hoping to study OIC Engineering Watch at Mcast

I have already gone through the school website about admission requirements but want to find out what the job opportunities are for my chosen field in Malta,i also want to know if after the successful completion of the course i can stay behind and work in Malta.I am a new member

Hi.

Welcome to the forum.

The MCAST course you are interested in is a 3 year course.The job of engineering watch is a ship based job so you would probably not be working in Malta.

You should check our the requirements for foreign, non-EU students such as qualifications,visa requirements ( you would need to pay course fees upfront and have enough money to live in Malta through the duration of the course - you are only allowed to work part-time after the full first year of study and need to have adequate health insurance)

I will try and find out the job chances here in Malta . Completing the course would not entitle you to work in Malta or the EU but if you find an employer he could apply for a work permit for you.

Regards
Ricky

thanks for the info,i really appreciate it

Hi,

I got the info from someone working in the maritime business that there are always jobs for engineering watches, in Malta and elsewhere.

Ricky