Life in Constanța

Hello everyone!

I am torn between two cities: Brașov (it seems nice) and Constanța (where my father was from). Can anyone tell me about their experiences living in Constanța?

Thank you in advance! :)

Hello Lena,

Constanta is a beautiful city. Very peaceful.  Lot of things to discuss.  Are you in Constanta?

Regards

Hi Lena,

In Constanta there is "la mare" :-). It is very nice. I leave here since 6 months.

Kind regards

Not living there, but I have a close friend that does. I visit him every year.

As far as I can compare Constanta from 3 years ago to Constanta now, some things have changed. Especially near the Plaja Modern area. I noticed the roads got much worse, but also a lot of buildings have been demolished in the past few years. I stayed in Bucharest and Constanta, and noticed while there is an extreme modernization going on in the country's capital, Constanta is fastly falling behind.

If you love nature, Constanta will disappoint you in the coming years. My friend told me the community is willing to demolish a lot of trees in order to build new houses. To be honest, I was disappointed when I got back in Constanta.

Yes, the Black Sea ("La Mare") is nice. If you want to live in a nice, more peaceful city, go for Brasov. If you want to live in a city near the sea, with some more liveliness and don't forget, the biggest concert of the year, Neversea, then Constanta is something for you.

But if I could choose, I'd choose for Brasov. Even knowing my friends live in Constanta.... I just couldn't imagine me living there.