My experience at Ethiopia !

Hi,
I am at Ethiopia for the last 3 months and I feel generally the country is very beautiful and the people are very patient and peace loving.  There is a lot of rich culture and heritage.  However you have to be careful of strangers in a few places like the Bole area and the stadium or museum where to try to befriend you so they can take take some money from you.  also be careful at Piassa, markato, and ambassador area as there are people who try to steal your phone or other belongings.  i have experienced it myself.

other than this it is a nice country.  let us enjoy and stay as peaceful as possible as long as we are here.  there are really good places to travel so let us travel and see the nature's beauty.

police around those area you mentioned are the team friends for the thief

Good info I am planning to move to Addis next year  to join my wife. but I will be like a baby in the woods. lol

Very good explanation. There are some rotten apples in between. Yet the people in general are peace loving and very generous people.
Indeed, let's travel throughout this beautiful country.

I suppose in any country there are people who will try to take advantage of others. I've been to Addis twice and never experienced anything bad.