Visa application clarification Type-D ( Work permit 1 yr)

Dear All ,
I need to fill in Type-D visa application and four points are not clear yet for me :

1- References ( Host or accommodation )
    We should indicate a person or Hotel .
  Q:  If a person , shall i write down the employer manager or CEO/HR  or what ?
  Q:  If Hotel , Is it mandatory to have dummy hotel reservation for 1 yr ? ( the duration of Work Permit ) ?? or it is possible to reserve 2 weeks in an hotel , till I rent something  ?
    * i am even not sure that we can book dummy room for this long period !

2- I was advised to file for wife and kids in same time using ( Reunion , article 10 bis 2) .
    Financing of stay => Other/Person/Organization .
    For kids/wife , I should choose Person ( Myself - Husband) as finance of stay .
Q: Which address i should use for myself , my address in homeland or the hotel of dummy reservation ?

3- It is written in article 10 bis for reunion ( kids/spouse )  two points not clear for me .

Sufficient accommodation
Proof that the party being joined has sufficient accommodation.
This evidence can be done either, by a copy of the property's title assigned to his principal residence housing, or by a copy of a registered lease contract concerning housing assigned to his principal residence. (Preferably, this document should be accompanied by an inventory of fixture (between landlord and tenant) of the leased property)

Q : is the dummy hotel reservation is enough or not ? I feel this is not enough as we are planning to travel together and forsure, I will not rent a home before I go ! or it doesn't apply because the family will travel at once together ?

Solvency of the person to be joined
o Proof that the person being joined has stable, regular and sufficient means of subsistence during the last 12 months to meet his own needs and those of the members of his family and avoid them becoming a burden on the public authorities.

Q: To prove this , shall I attach my contract to show them my salary is enough for the family or what ??

THANX IN ADVANCE For your advice :))

1- References ( Host or accommodation )
    We should indicate a person or Hotel .
  Q:  If a person , shall i write down the employer manager or CEO/HR  or what ?

--> As you are moving here for employment, you can mention your hiring manager's name here.

Q:  If Hotel , Is it mandatory to have dummy hotel reservation for 1 yr ? ( the duration of Work Permit ) ?? or it is possible to reserve 2 weeks in an hotel , till I rent something  ?

--> Some employers provide initial 1 month stay for new employees (allowing them time to find a suitable long term accom) If your employer will provide 1 month initial stay, you can show the booking reference of that. Else, you can show 2 weeks or a month of hotel booking and as an additional supporting document a letter from your employer stating that they will assist you in finding a suitable long-term accommodation (my employer provided this letter - not sure if all of them do).

2- I was advised to file for wife and kids in same time using ( Reunion , article 10 bis 2) . (

-> Yes. It is better to apply together.

Financing of stay => Other/Person/Organization .
    For kids/wife , I should choose Person ( Myself - Husband) as finance of stay .

Q: Which address i should use for myself , my address in homeland or the hotel of dummy reservation ?
--> The reservation will do.
--> When you move with your wife and kid(s), I am pretty sure you wlll book a service apartment or hotel for at least 1 month of initial stay. This booking reference will hold as accommodation proof.

3- It is written in article 10 bis for reunion ( kids/spouse )

Sufficient accommodation
Proof that the party being joined has sufficient accommodation.
This evidence can be done either, by a copy of the property's title assigned to his principal residence housing, or by a copy of a registered lease contract concerning housing assigned to his principal residence. (Preferably, this document should be accompanied by an inventory of fixture (between landlord and tenant) of the leased property)

Q : is the dummy hotel reservation is enough or not ? I feel this is not enough as we are planning to travel together and forsure, I will not rent a home before I go ! or it doesn't apply because the family will travel at once together ?

-> The clause of lease contract etc are applicable when you are already here and your spouse applies for a visa to join you.
--> When you apply together, the initial stay booking reference is sufficient.

You may also consider including a cover letter stating that you booked the initial stay and will find a suitable accommodation once you are in Belgium.

Hope this helps.

Aneesh

Awesome aneeshks :)
This is great for now .

Lastly ,

21. Main purpose(s) of the journey  => Options are
Paid WORK / "au pair" placement / and other family reunion options .

For me I should choose Paid work ? correct ? because I don't see anything related to ARTICLE 9

Oh , Last question ,
Shall I prepare medical insurance 1 yr for all members of the family or I can send a paper that it will be done later by company when I am in Belgium ?

I am worried that i will waste money due to this unnecessary step

For you, purpose of the journey can be "OTHERS" >> Employment (you can write manually if the option is not there).

Medical Insurance:
- As you are moving to Belgium on employment, your employer will subscribe you and your family to a mutuality (social medical insurance) and sometimes to an additional private insurance for extra coverage. If you can get a letter from your company stating that they will subscribe you and your family to a medical insurance once you are here, that would suffice.

- Some consulates still would like to see medical insurance for initial period. In that case, You may buy them a medical insurance for 1 month covering the journey and initial stay.

Again Thanx aneeshks :)

xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Broken link

Welcome mister :)

Good luck with the whole thing !

Got the VISA + the family,
Thanx :)

Super ! All the best.