Flying with cat to Doha - can she travel in the cabin?

Hi Everyone,

I'll be traveling with my cat from Canada to Doha in the fall this year and I'm wondering if anyone has travelled with their cat in the cabin, or if they've had to check their pet as baggage?

I know certain countries require the animal fly as cargo, and I'm wondering if Qatar is one of those countries, or if its simply up to the airline to decide? If that's the case I will look for one where she can travel with me.

Thank you for your help :)

Hi Alou84,

Welcome on board  :)

You will find the answer by reading the Relocating your pet to Doha, Qatar  thread. Someone had the same question.

Hope it helps,
Bhavna

Hi Bhava,

I read that thread but it still didn't answer my question. I also emailed the person who was transporting her cat to see how things ended up but no response yet.

Really hoping to hear from someone who has moved with their cat! I'd love to be able to fly with her in the cabin if I can. I know Air Qatar won't allow that, but other airlines will.

Just wondering if there are laws against that like there are to fly your pet into the UK.

If anyone has flown with their cat I would love to hear your experience with it!

Thank you,
ALou