Pet passport problems

We are booked to travel on 11th to Malta, all five:(:(:( animals have been done but we are having problems getting the test results for the last cat.   She has had her test, but despite chasing the 'authorities' they are unbending and will not expedite her test results(have been waiting over three months already).  We are concerned they will not be back on time. 

We are aware that she will need to go into quarantine when we get there but we are concerned we will not get her out of Spain first.

Does anybody have any idea?

Also, regarding quarantine in Malta, I have contacted the people concerned but still had no reply.  Do we have to prebook it or just declare the cat when we get off of the ferry?

Starting to panic....help.

You could always try this:
startribune.com/local/115011544.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUycaEacyU

Hi ,

I don't think I would follow Tim's advice in this particular case and I have no idea about the regulations leaving Spain.

Try calling the phone number of L. Cassar here in Malta.

Normally you need to pre-book the animal arrival but I'm not sure how it works if you arrive by ferry .

Regards

Ricky

in order for u to get clearance at malta 6 months needs to have elapsed since the date the bllod test was taken . if not i believe the pet goes into quarantine here for 3 weeks. it is very stressfull i know paticularly when u cannot get through.i suggest u e-mail lucienne cassar at [email protected]
also i think u need an import license- not sure as i am going on what happened when i moved from the uk with dog and 3 siamese cats. however now waiting to sell house to move back to the uk. hope u get it sorted out.
best wishes

Hiya,

I've tried emailing Lucienne Cassar but cannot seem to get a reply.

I am happy to do the quarantine thing but still trying to find out how to book it, or shall I just declare them to the dude at the port?  As its a domestic pet (within EU) I have been told an import licence is not necessary?  Is this wrong?

Just when you think you are organised another spanner lobs itself into your finely tuned plans....sigh.

:rolleyes:

edited for really bad typo's.

Hi,

Try calling these numbers:

Ms L. Cassar : 00356 21225638 ext 371 or 2122 5930 ext 371

or Small Animal Quarantine Centre Luqa 2124 4236

Hope the numbers are right and help.

Regards
Ricky

Thanks Ricky,

will give them a try.

J:D