Crime

Most of the murders in PR are related to the drug traffic. Seems there are a lot of turf wars.

However up to now we had only seen a rare bystander get hurt.

This article is about Chicago crime which in the month of January has had about hundreds of shootings and 42 deaths (sound like they are lousy shots). Trump is telling Chicago that if they don't stop the massacre he will send the Feds.

PR has had 50 shot dead in the same period.

Which raises the question, is Trump going to send the Feds to PR?
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-t … SKBN15907T

Make that 51, 2 individuals in one of those all terrain vehicle around noon killed another person.

I can tell you what happened in my neighbourhood in November.
We bought our house from the guy that lived right in front of our house.
He lived there with his 29 year old son. This son did a lot of bad stuff and was on a 11 year probation. In November, I think it was the 23rd, there was something going on in the middle of the night, cars coming and going and I had a feeling something was wrong. I saw my neighbour coming home without a T-shirt and throwing something.  That night around 1 am my husband asked the police what's going on here and they told him, that the guy just killed someone in a bar. He cut the throat of that guy with a knife and he died. He did that because he was jealous because the guy had something going on with his Ex girlfriend! This is no normal behavior and I tell you, the problem is that here are A LOT of people with mental health issues who don't get treated. He got 100 years in prison for first degree murder included the 11 years he already had.

Issues of passion in PR are very common, not strange or mental issues, is the machismo issue. As a man I can go out and sleep with many women, but the woman can not be seen so much as batting her eyes at someone.

This been going on since I can remember and probably dates back to the cavemen.

Let me tell you a story:
Back in the old times when I was growing up, a male could go to a party with his girlfriend, his mother and sisters. Anyone that wanted to dance with ANY of them, had to come to the male of the table to ask permission to ask the ladies. Many a machete fight and gun fight occurred because the other guy did not ask for permission to ask the ladies.

It is machismo and a way of thinking, not mental issues, they know they should not but are too angry to stop themselves.

I agree with Ray, I have see it first hand on our own family. Most males on our society think that is ok to look at other girls and even cheat on their wife. But when is the other way around they hit and even abuse their wifes for doing the same they do. I was this past Christmas over my niece house and it was amazing to hear her 6 year old son talking about guys are better than girls and he cannot loose to a girl. I ask my sister who was teaching him and her answer was "his dad". It just blew my mind that at this point in time there still guys that think this way.

Unfortunately most crimes in the island fold into two categories, drugs and crimes of passion. But this is not only on the island, look at some of the crime statistics on most states.

Sure I know about that but this guy HAS mental issues. We had the joy to live next to hom for 3 years and his behavier was totally sick and his father has also mental problems but neither of both got treated. I know it from the Girlfriend of the father.
You can surch the Internet and you will find aot how many people here have depression and mental problems!

Yes it happens everywhere but here 3/4 of the population has mental problems. Google it!