Work Permit Question....

Why would a company interviewing me for a position ask me if I have a work permit? Aren't they supposed to issue the work permit?

Warrenton wrote:

Why would a company interviewing me for a position ask me if I have a work permit? Aren't they supposed to issue the work permit?

Companies do not issue work permits, the labor authorities do; based upon an application from an employer/individual.

If you have a work permit, a future employer may not need to go thru the hassle and cost of obtaining one for you.  If you don't have one, they may have to justify to the authorities why they need to hire you instead of a Polish or EU national.

Romaniac

Hi there,  this is to clarify: work permit is issued to work for dedicated employer - if you change employer you have 3 month to find new employer but this new eployer is obliged to apply for new work permit for you - otherwise you have to inform local authorities and you are loosing title to legallyu stay in Poland. If you have work permit issued for other eployee - you do not have title to legally work for another employer. Brgds - Wojciech

Actually there are exceptions when you don't need work permit. For example, I've graduated in Poland, so I don't need to have a work permit. I mean I can just find a job, sign the contract and start my work but unfortunately for foreigners in most cases you do need to have a work permit. Usually, companies which employ people don't want to make the work permits, or they don't know how to do it. I know one consultancy which makes the work permits pretty fast. The company is Audytowanie. pl. I did my process for getting my last TRC with them, so I can recommend them if your company doesn't want to help you. Good luck!

Hi there, I just checked out the company Audytowanie. pl. It looks like it is an auditing company!

Looks a little dodgy to me.
Lorem ipsum is used in publishing as placeholder text, so there's no actual info on their site at all.
But, as if by magic, an FB Messenger window pops up...knowing your name :(