Language Course Advice

Hi to everyone. Actually I'm new in Tripoli and also on this forum.

First of all thank you very much for all helpfull sharings.

I need your help to find a good language course about Arabic.

I studied Arabic before coming to Tripoli but formal Arabic.

Now I have some difficulties about Libyan dialect and because of this I would like to learn Libyan dialect.

Can you advice me a course about this matter???

Welcome on Expat.com hatasin ;)

there is a course that starts soon at the British Council and one at the Islamic Center up by the Algeria Square (but that one started in October!) i am a real beginner and have been doing the Alif Baa course from Georgetown University, which you do with DVDs. i'm impressed....still working on my alphabet, tho!! ;)

thank you Yud

and thank you m0j0working for your informations.

My friend can teach u.where are u from?

Berlitz offers language courses in both classical Arabic and Libyan dialect. You can find courses at various levels and various class sizes. I paid 600 dinar for a level 2 small group course in formal Arabic. I do not have their number, but they are located within a block of Mezran mosque.

@ iShouldBsurfn: thank you very much for your asisstance.

but can I ask a question? What do you think about the course? is it good at all??

Joining the question!
I started some privat lessons with my kids teacher but, even she's quite good and even I usualy don't have probblems learning a foreign language 8escept for some writing mistakes :-) ) it all just confirmed that the only way that works FOR ME, is a course with some other people arround. I just can't memorize and put in use the words and phrases if I do an individual lessons.....so, PLEEEEASE, if anyone knows a GOOD course, morning hours, classic arabic language, I would appreciate the information!
Thanks all!

The Berlitz course is well structured with a 60 percent focus on speaking. I actually start in a few weeks, the school asked me if I wouldn't mind waiting for two people who had to go home and renew their visas. The instructors are all well qualified and there is no problem advancing through various levels. They offer levels a-10 in most languages that they offer

I also self study and also use the alif baa book that all universities in the united states use for their curriculum. If you have a chance to pick up the book, do it! I was lucky and was able to study Arabic in the states before coming over, and have found that universities do a very good job at providing you with a good foundation.