Visa transfer to new passport

Hi

I live in HCMC

I will be renewing my UK passport in January but my old passport will have a just gained new 3 month visa added.

I will be renewing my passport via the UK Application Centre in HCMC. (6 weeks)

How and by what means do I get the visa transferred to my new UK passport when it is supplied?

Thanks

Graham

It's better you keep your old PP till visa expire. Otherwise agent may charge $80 for transfer. Don't know how much if you go directly. Just saw an ad today by an agent in FB

Thanks I live in HCMC and my pages are running out and every 3 months I need to do a visa run to the border.  Low on pages so will to renew passport.

https://www.gov.uk/renew-adult-passport/renew

Ah cheers thanks for this !   I had looked for clarification on the visa issue but they seem to hide it in other things.   This has now cleared up the problem.  Thabks much appreciated

This is exactly the same as with US passports.  There is an international agreement on passport protocols and this carry old and new solution is likely a part of it.

Hello to everybody. Give me advise please. I've got a new passport. My old passport was annulized, but It has tourist ("DL") visa till 01.11.2017 in it. I tried to transfer visa into new passport in immigration office in HCMC but they said: "We cant transfer tourist visa, only other types. You should go to tourist company for transfer". Agents ask for 80$ for transfer. It's a big money for me and I don't wanna to pay it.
How do you think - can I exit Vietnam on 01.11.2017 without visa transfer (have only annulized passport with DL visa + new clean passport + letter from Consulate about changing passport)?

Read Post #6 just above your post.
Click on link
Read what it says
Good luck

Hi
Do you still hold old passports and tourist visas? If you leave in November, you exit by the old tourist visa
If you no longer go to the immigration department, you must when the record, must have the note of your consulate, must have the presentation ...
They will be holding a residency stamp until November for you.
Although I think $ 80 to better work is also ok

hakkuna_matata wrote:

Hello to everybody. Give me advise please. I've got a new passport. My old passport was annulized, but It has tourist ("DL") visa till 01.11.2017 in it. I tried to transfer visa into new passport in immigration office in HCMC but they said: "We cant transfer tourist visa, only other types. You should go to tourist company for transfer". Agents ask for 80$ for transfer. It's a big money for me and I don't wanna to pay it.
How do you think - can I exit Vietnam on 01.11.2017 without visa transfer (have only annulized passport with DL visa + new clean passport + letter from Consulate about changing passport)?

Hi
Do you still hold old passports and tourist visas? If you leave in November, you exit by the old tourist visa
If you no longer go to the immigration department, you must when the record, must have the note of your consulate, must have the presentation ...
They will be holding a residency stamp until November for you.
Although I think $ 80 to better work is also ok